There is nothing that gives me more pleasure than having ahead a committment-less weekend. I just enjoy knowing that, whatever I decide can be done slowly, no rush. Just time to nurture myself and those around me, just doing what I love.
1. Cooking! We usually meet up with husband and kids and decide together what we would like to eat during the weekend. Sometimes we can make a risotto or have nibbles (cheese, olives, pickles and vegetables) by the fireplace. When it´s grey outside a stew is usually a good idea, and roasts (usually chicken) are always popular. This Jamie Oliver recipe is so delicious and easy to make.
2. As long as weather allows it, I try and make the best out of nature. Just sitting outside, reading, or simply staring and being just charges me up. When it is sunny I try and soak up as much vitamin D as I can and when it is cold I still make an effort, packing myself in tons of layers.
3. For a few minutes or for hours puzzles are definitely one of my weekend treats. It´s a patience, observation and acceptance exercise, as I know it takes time and that it will probably not be finished by Sunday. I look forward to Saturdays as I see it standing still on the dining table during the week. If you are looking for a very special one, Liberty puzzles are my favorite, not an easy task but their laser-cut wood pieces are absolutely adorable.
4. Finding something to watch with husband and two kids ( girl 11 and boy 14) is not a simple task. After trying different things we´ve discovered we share the love for food and cooking, so series like The Big Family Cooking Showdown and Chef´s Table are where we all meet . Frequently we end up in the kitchen cooking something, hoping it´s as delicious as what we´ve just seen on TV.
5. Even though I´m far from considering myself a melomaniac, lately I´ve been working on music lists that go with my everyday life. So, on Saturday nights, wine in hand, I listen to music to be added to this repertoire. Hopefully I´ll be sharing those soon, maybe your days sound like mine.